Delta Park is one of Johannesburg’s biggest parks that borders the suburbs of Blairgowrie, Craighall Park, Victory Park and Linden. It is 108 hectares of grassland and woodland with three tree-lined dams. There are walking trails, a sensory trail and even bird watching hides.
During the months of March and April, Delta Park becomes a little prettier than normal because the cosmos come out in full force. It is absolutely beautiful to see an explosion of pink and white flowers all over.
We visited Delta Park this past weekend to see the cosmos and it literally took our breath away.
Everything you need to know about the cosmos at Delta Park
- Delta Park is the perfect place for a morning or afternoon stroll or even a picnic.
- Cosmos season is between the end of March and early April. This is when they are at their most prettiest for photo shoots!
- Head to behind the Delta Environmental Centre as this is where you will find the most beautiful fields of cosmos.
- Take your friends and family along for a beautiful photo shoot.
- Be prepared to walk so wear good, comfortable walking shoes.
Delta Park: 77 Craighall Rd, Victory Park, Randburg