Last week I attended the exciting relaunch of the Vivace Restaurant in the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton. It was an afternoon filled with great company, exceptional food and delicious wine.
Before I get started on the food though, I would like to tell you more about the hotel’s 13th floor …
Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton’s 13th floor has undergone a complete refurbishment and has been transformed into a timelessly elegant space. It is definitely the perfect spot for a cup of tea or even a sundowner session because the bar area is just beautiful. I like how cozy it is now with bookshelves forming private alcoves. I know for sure, I’ll be having many a cups of coffee here, while doing work on my laptop and using one of the cozy nooks as a coffice (definition can be found here).
The hotel lobby is also on the 13th floor. So, because this is the first area guests see when they arrive, it has to be welcoming, comfortable and visually appealing. It sure is – the hotel lobby definitely ticks these three boxes.
The 13th floor is also where the hotel’s main restaurant Vivace is. This has just recently been relaunched with a new, exciting and very delicious menu. At the relaunch, we were treated to an 8 course menu where we got to sample dishes from the main menu. The food was paired with some of the most delicious Boschendal wines. Evidently the food boasted an extensive spread of local flavours using the freshest ingredients.
So this is what’s new on the menu:
• Homemade gravalax – gin cured, pickled cucumber salad, corn and spring onion sponge, horseradish mousse
Paired with: Boschendal Brut NV
• Root vegetable roulade – goat’s cheese and pistachio, fried basil and mozzarella stuffed artichoke, micro herbs, pomegranate reduction
Paired with: Boschendal 1685 Sauvignon Blanc
• Smoked venison carpaccio – pickled beetroot salsa, citrus flavoured ricotta, honey mustard dressing
Paired with: Boschendal Sommelier Selection Pinotage
• Deep fried pea, mint and mozzarella arancini – creamy tomato and jalapeño sauce
Paired with: Boschendal French Quarter Rhone White Blend
• Line fish – red pepper and olive tossed fettuccini, rocket pesto and roasted pine nuts
Paired with: Boschendal Chardonnay Pinot Noir
• Chicken, goats cheese and hazelnut roulade – saffron sweet potato mousse, burnt butter vinaigrette
Paired with: Boschendal French Quarter Rhone Red Blend
• Rib eye – potato croquette, micro herbs
Paired with: Boschendal 1685 Cabernet Sauvignon
And last but not least …
• Butternut and cinnamon swiss roll – orange puree, mint dust and caramel ice cream
Paired with: Boschendal Demi Sec NV
So these are all the items on the menu of the newly relaunched Vivace restaurant. There is definitely something for everyone with these delicious dishes!
Vivace Restaurant – Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton
To make a reservation, contact: 011 245 8000