- Sipping on my coffee in these cold wintery mornings. There is just something about the cold that makes coffee taste more delicious than it already is.
- Thoughtful friends that gifted us the most beautiful present before lockdown. These new Le Creuset pebble mugs (I call them pebble mugs!) are just too beautiful and I think they help contribute to coffee tasting more delicious as per No. 1 above.
- Since lockdown started I have been spending more time in the kitchen whipping up delicious exciting meals and I couldn’t be happier about this! The kitchen has always been my happy place but I didn’t realise until now how happy it made me.
- The show Chesapeake Shores on Netflix. I love a happy, hearty and wholesome show to watch every night with dinner or before bed and Chesapeake Shores is that show! There is no fighting, killing or zombi apocalypses because that’s definitely not what we need right now! It is just a happy show that leaves you feeling comforted after every episode.
- Every afternoon we head outside with a cup of tea and a biscuit or two. We sit in the sun and breath in the fresh air while listening to the birds chirping outside. I absolutely love this time of the day!
- Our early morning walks. I love getting fresh air, seeing all the dogs and noticing all the beautiful flowers along the way. If there is one thing I am missing the most, it is being out in nature.
- My naked nails. I never thought I would ever say this but I am loving having bare nails. I have had gel nails on my nails every day for the past 3 or so years and now to finally have a break and see my own nails for the first time is a breath of fresh air!
- Spending precious time during the day reading. If lockdown has given me one thing, it’s time. And I have definitely used this time to read! I am now on book 8 of lockdown. I will be doing a blog post on all the books I have read so stay tuned for that.
- Letting my hair soak up a treatment for the whole day, at least once a week. Because I have nowhere to be and no-one to see, I am putting a hair mask/treatment on my hair more often and letting it just soak the whole day. My hair is definitely loving this!
- Being able to spend time in our home doing more of the things we love.
- Going through old photos on my phone and reminiscing all the fun times with friends and all the special travel moments with my favourite travel companion. These definitely make the heart a lot warmer!
- Pasta. You know how much I love my pasta, but now being at home and experimenting with different flavours and dishes, I love pasta a whole lot more!
For book club posts, click here.