If there’s one pasta dish that is the easiest to make with the most flavour, it is spaghetti aglio e olio. Spaghetti aglio e olio is a traditional Italian pasta dish from Naples. It is made by sauteeing fresh garlic and chilli in olive oil and topping with parmesan cheese. If you’re a regular reader of Minkys, you will know that every pasta dish is my favourite dish, but this is definitely one of my firm favourites.
What is nice with this pasta dish is that you can add anything extra and it will still be tasty and flavoursome. So in this blog post I am going to share the recipe for spaghetti aglio e olio with roasted tomatoes and olives. I made it the other day, for the umpteenth time, and my gosh, it was delicious! I think a pasta dish like this gets better each time you make it. The reason for this is because every time you add more delicious ingredients to make it tastier than the last.
This pasta dish takes a maximum of 15 minutes to make. It is quick, easy and like I said, flavoursome.
Here’s the recipe:
What you need:
250 grams spaghetti
olive oil for cooking
3 garlic cloves – crushed
A dash of chilli flakes
250 grams baby tomatoes
50 grams calamata olives – depitted and chopped
Salt and pepper
What to do:
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions until al dente. Once cooked drain and set aside. I like to sprinkle olive oil over the pasta so it doesn’t dry out.
- Cut the baby tomatoes in half. Place them on a roasting tray, drizzle olive oil over and sprinkle the crushed garlic on top of the tomatoes.
- Roast the baby tomatoes in the oven for maximum 10 minutes.
- Once the baby tomatoes are ready, toss them together with the garlic from the roasting pan into the spaghetti that is ready, over a medium heat. Add some chilli flakes, chopped up olives and salt and pepper.
- Toss all the ingredients thoroughly through the spaghetti. If it starts drying out, add more olive oil or a little bit of water.
- Once everything is warmed through, serve up on a plate, with the parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Enjoy with a glass of wine, obviously.
Another recipe worth trying: Recipe for my famous chicken noodle soup