It is delicious …
Did you know store bought granola has so much added sugar and nasty stuff? I bet you didn’t know that because I didn’t know that either. So after having realised this fact and reading up so many articles on this, I decided to make my own granola. But not just any granola. Banana granola!
I found a few recipes online as a guideline, but after a few tweaks here and there, here is my recipe. You can add more or less of anything you would like as it is all up to your preference. The great thing with this is, it can’t flop, so even the non-domesticated can make this. Ha! It is super easy to make and it came out delicious! I look so forward to my breakfast every morning now knowing its so yum, healthy and nasty stuff free!
2 cups oats
1 cup mixed raw nuts
1/2 cup melted virgin organic coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
1 tspn ground cinnamon
2 bananas mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Place the oats and the mixed raw nuts in a big bowl.
4. In a smaller bowl mix the bananas, cinnamon, honey and coconut oil.
5. Then add the banana mixture to the oats and nuts, and gently combine all the ingredients making sure all is well coated.
6. Taste the mixture to see if it needs anything else, maybe some more honey or cinnamon.
7. Pour the mixture onto the lined baking tray and gently spread it out as evenly as you can.
8. Put in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes, but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn (the nuts can burn quickly!).
9. Remove from the oven and mix around the granola with a wooden spoon.
10. Put the granola back in the oven for another 10 – 15 minutes.
11. When the granola looks nice and brown, take it out the oven and let it cool completely before you put it in a container.
Enjoy with yoghurt and a cup of tea for breakfast, or grab handfuls as an afternoon snack!