We are off to Cape Town soon and we are the most excited! Because we are so excited, I have a put a list together of all the things we plan on doing while we are in the beautiful Mother City. Obviously this isn’t our first time visiting Cape Town so we have done a lot of the things on the list before. But the excitement is real and there is no place like Cape Town, so here is Minkys Cape Town Holiday Bucket List that we hope to tick everything off one item at a time.
You can definitely use this as a guide for when you are in Cape Town too …
- Explore some vineyards in Franschhoek we haven’t explored before with the Franschhoek Wine Tram.
- Take a leisurely walk from Camps Bay to Sea Point or vice versa and stop every so often to soak up the beautiful views.
- Have coffee and a croissant at Maison J in Camps Bay. My goodness, their croissants look amazing!
- Finally visit Bocca in Bree Street for a Neapolitan style pizza and some other classic Italian dishes.
- Take a drive to Robertson and explore everything there is to explore in this little town known for its wine. We have two nights in Robertson and we are so excited!
- Have an afternoon of cocktails at the new Gorgeous George Hotel.
- Enjoy the sun, sea and sand at one of the very beautiful Bakoven beaches.
- Indulge in an afternoon high tea at the Mount Nelson Hotel.
- Watch the sunset with some delicious sun downers at the Twelve Apostles Hotel.
- Visit the Elgin Railway Market by rail, obviously.
- Explore the Constantia Wine Route on the City Sightseeing Bus. This is one of our favourite things to do!
- Watch the duck parade at Vergenoegd Wine Estate.
- Have breakfast at Nourish’d Cafe – preferably one of their Instagramable smoothie bowls.
- Watch an open air movie at the Galileo Open Air Cinema.
- Go wine tasting. Duh!
And some more …
- Have fresh fish and chips at Kalkies in Kalk Bay.
- Walk through the lush gardens at Cellars-Hohenort.
- Have lunch at the Greenhouse at Cellars-Hohenort.
- Go on a sunset cruise from the Waterfront.
- Have a soft serve ice cream in Sea Point from the soft serve stand on the promenade.
- Wake up early on a Saturday morning to do the Greenpoint Parkrun. Yip, exercise on holiday! But there is nothing better than that feeling after!
- Visit the Oranjezicht City Farm market on a Saturday morning.
- Have ice cream from the Creamery.
- And have ice cream from Unframed at the Waterfront market.
- Swim with the penguins at Boulders Beach.
- Watch a few sunsets.
- Walk through Babylonstoren and have lunch at Babel.
- Explore Muizenberg and Kalk Bay..
- Eat at Arthur Mini Supermarket.
- Do a Clifton Yacht Cruise.
- Walk through Bo Kaap.
- Take a drive on Chapman’s Peak.