This is not your average cheesecake. In fact, this is a cheesecake that is so special, so tasty and so delicious. It is made with a unique ingredient which is the new Amarula Vanilla Spice.
Amarula is known for being the best quality cream liqueur and have now brought out a new variant. This new variant is infused with Madagascan vanilla beans and fresh ginger. With its velvety texture and complex flavours, it definitely adds a level of excitement to any dessert, especially cheesecake.
Amarula sent me a box of mystery ingredients, including the new Amarula Vanilla Spice, and challenged me to bake up something delicious. I had to use my imagination with the ingredients in the box and any other ingredients I needed. My mystery ingredients included smooth peanut butter, sugar, a tin of dessert cream and cocoa. After putting up a vote on social media asking what I should make, the final decision was cheesecake. I couldn’t just make any cheesecake, so I made an Amarula and Peanut Butter Swirl Cheesecake.
Recipe for Amarula and Peanut Butter Swirl Cheesecake
250 g tennis biscuits
Splash or two of Amarula Vanilla Spice
Drizzle of Amarula Vanilla Spice
125 ml fresh whipping cream
tin of dessert cream
500 g cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
1/4 cup castor sugar
3 tsp gelatine powder
Peanut Butter Swirl:
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp cocoa
2 tbsp castor sugar
125 ml fresh cream
2 tsp gelatine powder
- Crush the tennis biscuits into little pieces.
- Place a thick layer of crushed biscuits at the bottom of a deep glass dish (or a dish similar to the one I have used).
- Splash a generous amount of Amarula Vanilla Spice over crushed biscuits and let this soak while you prepare the next few steps.
- Whip the fresh whipping cream and the dessert cream until it forms a thicker consistency. You don’t have to worry about it not getting very thick because the gelatine is going to help.
- Place the Amarula Vanilla Spice in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine powder all over the surface. Let this stand for two minutes before placing the small bowl over a small pot of simmering water. While this heats gently, keep stirring to ensure all the gelatine dissolves into the liqueur.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Strain the gelatine and liqueur mixture into the cream cheese and sugar mixture. Mix gently with a spatula.
- Fold in the whipped cream gently, making sure that everything is well incorporated.
- Gently pour the mixture over the crushed biscuits.
Peanut butter swirl
1. Place all the ingredients, except the gelatine powder and cocoa, into a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
2. Mix gently until the peanut butter is melted.
3. Sieve the cocoa powder into the mixture and mix until dissolved.
4. Add the gelatine powder and mix until dissolved thoroughly.
5. Take the mixture off the heat, let it cool down then pour over the cheesecake.
Decorate to the way you like a swirl to look.
*This post is proudly sponsored by Amarula