Do you enjoy eating pancakes for breakfast that are drizzled with maple syrup? Or, do you like biting into a freshly baked oatmeal cookie straight out of the oven? If you have answered in the affirmative to the above questions, then you will simply adore this body scrub. In a nutshell, this body scrub smells like Sunday morning breakfast.
♥ The Ingredients:
- Oat and shea butter work hand in hand to relieve, clean, soothe and moisturize (dry) skin.
- Shea butter is naturally rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin E which is particularly beneficial for very dry or sun-exposed skin.
- Organic cupuacu body scrubs is an organic exfoliant harvested from the South American rain forest that is gentle enough to use every day.
- Banana is a a great moisturizer for your skin, and the Vitamin A present in banana restores the lost moisture as well as repairs damaged, dull and dry skin.
- Almond extracts contain a major source of Vitamin E, which is also known as a ‘skin food’ because it nourishes your skin and makes it healthy.
- Lastly, honey extracts also act as a great moisturizer for the skin and helps in keeping skin well hydrated, fresh and supple.
♥ The Scent: If you’re wondering why I have a whole paragraph on the scent, its because the scent is worthy of its own paragraph … it’s that amazing! At first whiff, the scrub smells like pure caramel decadence, or maybe even a creme caramel dessert. Then when you sniff it again, you get some hints of the bananas, almond and honey extracts, and altogether it smells like a smoothie. Like I said above, it smells like Sunday morning breakfast of pancakes with fresh banana and maple syrup, or a freshly baked oatmeal cookie, or a waffle with caramel sauce … or … I think you get the idea – it is a very sweet smelling scrub. And if you don’t have a sweet tooth (I have a very big sweet tooth) or you don’t like sweet smelling products, then this one is not for you. I, on the other hand, could eat dessert for breakfast, lunch and supper, so I love this product. But enough of the scent, let me get on to the actual scrub …
♥ My Review: The texture of the scrub is a thick paste consistency with small brown sugar granules and bigger almond extracts granules. The sugar granules are very gentle on your skin, and the almond grains give a more effective exfoliation, but both compliment each other and give you a proper scrub. Having said that, the scrub is not abrasive at all and rather leaves your skin with that fresh and clean feeling. I found the scrub to spread evenly and widely, and that a little but went a long way. What I loved about it is that it never left my skin feeling stripped of everything but rather left it feeling fresh, moisturized and super soft. I also like that I can use this scrub 2 – 3 times a week without worrying that the bowl of (yummy) goodness will finish too soon. I say that because firstly, a small amount is used at a time as it spreads and scrubs evenly and secondly, it’s not harsh at all on your skin where you are only able to use it once a week if you lucky.
Have you tried this scrub before and what do you think? What other Soap & Glory products do you recommend for my extra-very sweet tooth? 😉
*Disclaimer: Minkys will not be held liable if you try to lick your laptop/computer/cellphone screen to sample a taste of this body scrub. This body scrub is also not edible. And you read this review at your own discretion.