We all know Bio-Oil is a magical potion that reduces the appearance of stretch marks. But did you know it has many more wonderful uses than just that?
Bio-Oil is one of those products I simply cannot live without because I use it for so many things. Just to name a few I use it as a cuticle oil, I put a few drops in my bath at night and I rub it in my hands every so often when they need a moisture surge. I shared these uses on my Instagram stories the other day and received an overwhelming response from so many people saying they actually didn’t know Bio-Oil could be used in so many ways. So I thought I should put a blog post together on all the many wonderful uses of Bio-Oil and share it with you.
But before we get started …
What is Bio-Oil?
Bio-Oil is an oil derived from calendula, lavender, rosemary and chamomile oil. It has a lighter texture than most oils, thanks to the patented formulation, which gives it a ‘dry’ feel. The formula also contains an ingredient called PurCellin Oil, which is a replica of the oil that ducks produce to keep their feathers waterproof.
Now for the important part …
What can you use Bio-Oil for?
- We all know this one, but Bio-Oil is known for reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
- Add a few drops to your bath water to condition and nourish your skin.
- Massage onto the very dry parts, like your elbows and heels, for instant moisture.
- If you suffer from a very dry and itchy scalp, add a few drops to your shampoo and the itching and flaking will be reduced.
- Rub onto sunburns to soothe the burnt skin and prevent peeling.
- It fades scars and uneven skin tone.
- Use as a cuticle oil and to treat dry cracked hands.
- Finger-comb through hair to tame pesky fly-aways.
- Apply to the ends of your hair for moisture and hydration.
- Can be used to wash make-up brushes.
- Apply to under your eyes to help reduce dark circles.
- Use on lips to sooth and prevent chapping.
- Use as an anti-aging facial oil thanks to the potent mix of skin boosting vitamins and natural oils.
I can definitely vouch for all of these uses because I have put them all to the test!