2015 flew by! I remember welcoming in 2015 on the top of a building in Plettenberg Bay and watching the fireworks and sipping on champagne. That felt like 5 minutes ago. Now its already the first Monday of 2016, and before we know it, it will be December again. Not that I’m pushing time away, but time is just speeding by and we have to take moments in our lives to stop and appreciate everything that happens. 2015 saw me sit behind a desk and complete my year of articles to become something I’ve always wanted to become – you can read more about it here. When you’re stuck in an office behind a computer, you sometimes forget to get out, get fresh air, see the light and savour the happy moments. And that’s what happened to me. So on that note, when I look back, 2015 was a great year for me, and here’s why …
I travelled to some wonderful destinations …
1. We took our annual trip to the Kruger National Park;
2. I spent my birthday weekend in Sun City;
3. We meandered through the little Midlands town of Nottingham Road;
4. I hiked (!) up the Drakensburg Mountains.
I took some pretty amazing shots …
1. Clifton, Cape Town;
2. Wine Route, Franshoek;
3. Paternoster, West Coast;
4. Plettenberg Bay, Garden Route.
I read some wonderful books …
1. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion;
2. The Beekeeper’s Daughter by Santa Montefiore;
3. The Seafront Tea Rooms by Vanessa Greene;
4. I ♥ a good book.
I sipped on some perfect cuppas …
1. Vovo Telo at the V & A Waterfront;
2. The Grind at Melrose Arch;
3. Origin, in Cape Town;
4. Boschendal Wine Farm, Franshoek.
And, I saw some breathtaking sunsets …
1. Camps Bay, Cape Town;
2. Lower Sabie, Kruger National park;
3. Hout Bay, Cape Town;
4. Camps Bay, Cape Town.
P.S. In a few days time, I’m off on a little getaway to a tropical island destination. Follow me on Instagram to see where I’m off to. Clue: coconuts, white sand and turquoise water 😉