I personally love reading these types of posts, so I hope you enjoy finding out some new facts about yours truly!
Let’s get started, shall we?
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
1. I’m 29 years old – Yip, that’s right. I will be 30 next year. My birthday is 29 January 1988. Funny thing though is I don’t quite look my age – which is obviously a good thing! A few weeks ago I first got asked what grade I am in and then a few days later I got asked what school I am at. I don’t know if its good genes, or that I hardly drink (one glass of wine maybe once a month doesn’t count) and I don’t smoke. I also laugh at my own jokes. Maybe thats why.
2. My absolute favourite movie is Bridesmaids – I can watch Bridesmaids over and over and over and still laugh like it is my first time watching it. I just love the humour and my favourite actress of all time is Melissa McCarthy. I don’t even want to tell you how many times I have watched it though. Some of my other favourite movies that I watch on repeat is Dirty Dancing, The Hundred-Foot Journey, Julie and Julia and The Grand Budapest Hotel.
3. I love the colour pink – If you’re a regular reader of my blog you will know this by now. But if you’re new to the blog then this is something you need to know: I love the colour pink and I’ll only buy something if it is in pink. Think: pink toothbrush, pink nightgown, pink notebooks, pink mousepad … I think you get the idea.
4. I HATE spiders – I know just about everyone says they hate spiders, but no one hates them as much as me. My fear is so bad that I picture one on a wall when I walk into a room. When I was younger, I used to make my dad check my bedroom for any spiders just before I went to bed. I would make him look behind the curtains, under the bed, behind pictures on my wall and even on the wall of my room in the garden. I was so bad that I even slept with my bedroom windows closed tight at night so they wouldn’t crawl into my room while I was sleeping. As I type this, I am like shivering from the thought of a spider.
Moving on …
5. I am an Attorney of the High Court – On the 16th of November 2015 all my hard work paid off and I was sworn in as an Attorney of the High Court. To this day, I still can’t believe this. A 4 year LLB degree at Wits University, 4 board exams, a 6 month PLT course and 1 year of articles all came down to the best day of my life. It just shows that hard work, perseverance, a mind set, and a goal can help achieve what you so desire. It doesn’t stop here though, as my goals and dreams are always a work in progress … Watch out 2018!
6. Italian food is my favourite – I like to think I am Italian, but I am not, simply because I love anything Italian. Food, handbags, clothes and even furniture, I love it all. Now that I am following a gluten free diet, it hasn’t stopped me from loving a good bowl of GF pasta or pizza. Luckily all my favourite Italian restaurants have gluten free options which taste just as delicious as their normal dishes.
7. My relationship – I have been with my boyfriend for 7,5 years. Yes, yes – we get asked all the time when is the engagement! Ha!
8. I love to read – Give me a book over a series or TV show any day. Since I was at school I have always loved reading. The bookshelf in my bedroom growing up was full to the brim with books. My boyfriend bought me a Kindle for my birthday this year. If I tell you it is my favourite gadget, I am not lying. I love it more than my cellphone and that says a lot!
9. Minky was my nickname – I often get asked where did I get the name Minkys from? Well here is the story: when I was born and came home from hospital my nickname was Minky. It was the name everyone called me and the only name I would respond to. Until I was about 5 years old, I wouldn’t respond to being called Loren. So everyone had to stop calling me Minky because I was getting so confused.
10. I love South Africa – I truly love this beautiful country we live in. It is for this reason I incorporate a lot of travel throughout South Africa into my blog. I am so passionate and just love everything about South Africa. The friendly people, the culture, the history, the food and the beauty.