There is good reason the baked feta pasta dish went viral on TikTok and Instagram. It is absolutely delicious! It is creamy, flavourful and so easy to make. All you need is cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, garlic, basil, seasoning and pasta! You all know how much I love my pasta, so when I first saw this pasta dish on Instagram, I just knew I had to try it.
How to make baked feta pasta:
- Using an oven proof baking dish, add cherry tomatoes (I also used some chopped tomatoes), olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix this all to combine well.
- Add a block or two of feta cheese to the centre of the baking dish. Drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper over the feta cheese.
- Bake this in the oven until the tomatoes burst and the feta cheese looks melted and is deliciously brown on top. The smell will be heavenly!
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, add some fresh minces garlic and freshly chopped ip basil leaves.
- Mix this all around immediately so the garlic soften from the heat.
- Add the cooked pasta on stop and give everything another good stir. The feta and tomatoes will create the most delicious sauce for the pasta!
- Dish up and enjoy!
My tips for making baked feta pasta
- Use the freshest ingredients possible. With such few ingredients, it was easy to pop into the shops and grab these ingredients quickly. Normally we always have cherry tomatoes, normal tomatoes and feta cheese in the fridge as we regular salad eaters and these are our standard salad ingredients. I just needed basil and garlic!
- Save a bit of the pasta water and add it to the sauce. Every time I make pasta at home, I always save a bit of the pasta water to use in the sauce. And with this pasta, I did the same. This prevented the pasta from being too dry and made the sauce extra smooth and creamy.
- Use a lot of tomatoes! Don’t be stingy with the tomatoes as they make up the majority of the sauce.
- Don’t be stingy with the garlic and the seasoning. I by mistake had a very heavy hand with the garlic so the sauce was very garlicy but so good!
- You can use any kind of pasta.
I cannot wait to make this again but with burrata cheese!