As a regular traveller and a self proclaimed beauty product junkie, as much as I love trying the latest and greatest, there are a few products I buy over and over again, especially when I am on the road. Without boring you too much, I have kept this post simple with just 3 reasons why I love these beauty products so much …
The Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser with SPF 30
1. A lightweight daily moisturiser that also protects your skin from the sun as it contains SPF 30.
2. Has a refreshing citrus scent which is not too overpowering.
3. Comes in a small petite 50 ml tube which is handy as it fits perfectly in my makeup bag.
♥ I use this moisturiser every morning before I apply my make up. It absorbs right away, leaves my skin feeling moisturised and it doesn’t make my skin feel oily/greasy. Bonus: it has SPF 30.
Did you know? When incorporated into your daily skincare routing, vitamin C can provide a range of benefits that keep your skin younger-looking, longer, by:
– Reducing the appearance of brown spots and other types of sun damage,
– Help boost healthy collagen production,
– Reduce inflammation and irritation, both of which cause a cascade of damage.
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Lotion
1. This face wash gently cleans your skin without leaving it dry, irritated or aggravated. Although it is so gentle, it cleans the skin by removing all make up and impurities.
2. Recommended by dermatologists but it is still affordable.
3. The little bottle it so nice and small that it doesn’t take up a lot of space in my vanity case when I travel.
♥ This is my every day face wash that I use morning and night religiously, as it is so effective but at the same time so gentle.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream
1. A very nourishing, hydrating and moisturising night cream but doesn’t make your skin oily.
2. Helps combat very dry skin.
3. Very rich in vitamin E and anti-oxidants.
♥ I use this night cream religiously at night time together with the rest of my nightly beauty products.
Did you know? Vitamin E:
1. Acts as a moisturiser,
2. Reverses premature skin ageing,
3. Treats sunburns,
4. Lightens dark spots
L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream With Shea Butter
1. The cream is in a paste form and it is so rich that the smallest amount is enough to smother both hands.
2. As rich and creamy as it is, it doesn’t leave your hands feeling oily or greasy as it absorbs quickly.
3. The scent is a mixture of jasmine and ylang ylang scent, which is not overwhelming at all, but rather soothing on the nose.
♥ I always keep a small travel size tube in my hand bag and it lasts forever!
Blistex – DCT Lip Balm
1. This lip balm is perfect for day time as it protects your lips from the sun because it SPF 20.
2. Your lips are always left feeling super soft, moisturised, nourished and conditioned.
3. Leaves your lips with a subtle gloss/shine.
♥ I simply cannot live without this lip balm. It is the bees knees of all lip balms and if they ever discontinue it, nothing will ever compare.
Palmers Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick
1. Works perfectly as a lip balm for dry and chapped lips.
2. Helps get rid of stretch marks, blemishes or scars.
3. The swivel sticks allows for easy application.
♥ I use this as a lip balm when I’m not going to be in the sun or outdoors (as it doesn’t contain SPF). Whenever I pull it out from my hand bag to apply it, I get asked if its a glue stick, and I use the same explanation: “no its not a glue stick, its a lip balm … and get with the times!” (not that harsh, but you get my point!) I also like to use on very dry patches. I love a good multifunctional product!
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfecter
1. This BB cream is provides light coverage but is still buildable, so you can apply two or more layers for more coverage.
2. Gives your skin a beautiful healthy looking glow.
3. Definitely acts as a skin perfecter as your skin looks dewy, smooth, moisturised and even.
♥ My go-to BB cream as I love that it works as a tinted moisturiser for light coverage or I can build it up when I need more coverage, especially on the road when makeup isn’t a must.
R88 from Clicks or Dischem
Physicians Formula Light Bronzer Powder
1. Works as a light bronzer, powder and blush all in one.
2. Gives a natural light bronzed glow to your skin.
3. Very subtle at first, but still buildable.
♥ I always use this for a finishing touch to my makeup look. It provides a natural glow that is still shimmery and bronzed. It is perfect for day time and night time looks!
R160 from Dischem
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
1. The best mascara ever!
2. Gives your lashes length, volume, definition and boldness.
3. Affordable for an everyday mascara.
♥ I have used this mascara since the days I started experimenting with makeup in my youth 😉 Enough said.
R100 from Dischem or Clicks