Rice Krispie Treats are the epitome of childhood memories. We would always have them as an afternoon treat. Birthday parties weren’t the same without a tray full of them! And, they were a standard snack in our school lunchboxes. I forgot all about these sweet treats until the other day when I felt like something deliciously sweet. The first thing that popped into my head was Rice Krispie Treats so I googled recipes and this one came up which uses a secret ingredient. This secret ingredient definitely takes these treats to a whole new level of sickly sweet deliciousness. And, if you have a sweet tooth like me, it will definitely be satisfied!
The secret ingredient is: CONDENSED MILK!
Here is the recipe for Rice Krispie Treats with condensed milk:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 500g of marshmallows
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 100’s and 1000’s sprinkle
- Grease a baking tray with cooking spray or softened butter.
- Place the butter in a large pot on the stove and melt it over medium heat. Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir with a rubber spatula, for about two minutes, until the butter and condensed milk are uniformly combined.
- Add the bag of marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth. Add a sprinkle pf salt and stir again.
- Off the heat, add the Rice Krispies to the marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and press down lightly with a sheet of plastic wrap – you do not want to pack the Krispie treats down or they will lose their inherently soft and gooey texture). Sprinkle with 100’s and 1000’s on the top.
- Let set up on the counter for at least an hour. Cut into little squares and serve.
Recipe: Peppermint Crisp Pudding